Coridden is a action-packed multiplayer adventure where you use shape-shifting powers to fight and explore an alien world.
You take the role as one of the Dayal siblings, who upon being gifted with amazing artifacts suddenly find themselves forced to find a way into an abandoned city, sealed-off by their ancestors 200 years ago. Ride out alone or together into the dangerous wilds, use your human and beast form to fight and scavenge a world filled with remnants of the once high-tech human colonists.
Action adventure / mid-core action RPG. Coridden takes a different approach on the more player skill-focused action RPG games such as Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance (2001), combining realtime action RPG combat with more adventurous elements such as interactive dialogues and open levels to explore.
Core Mechanics and Gameplay
- Unleash your inner beast: Fight in player-skill challenging combat with the ability to transform between human and several beast forms.
- Ride on each other: Unique co-op mechanic were a human-form player can mount a beast-form player and ride, synergizing abilities and increasing performance.
- Scavenge the world and find powerful equipment: Artifacts and equipments can be found by exploring and progressing through the game, expanding the player’s arsenal to take on more challenging enemies.
- Grow stronger and build up a unique set of skills: Leveling up and choosing from a selection of combat skills, customizing player characters and exploring different play styles.
- Journey through an adventure: Uncover the past together by searching for clues and engaging in dialogue with NPCs to discover why the ancient civilization collapsed and the secrets of their lost technology.
Setting and Story
In the world of Coridden players explore a planet where only scattered elements of an ancient high-tech society remain after a mysterious catastrophic event. Each player takes the role of one of four siblings in the Dayal family, whose lives change when they are each given mystical bracers.The player characters gain almost god-like powers, allowing them to summon energy weapons and transform into beasts. As the Dayals’ venture outside the safety of the city walls and into the wilds filled with dangerous reptile creatures, they discover more about the old world and become stronger as they fight to survive. However, their powers draw the attention of even more sinister enemies, who wants to use the artifact’s powers for their own purposes…
Aftnareld is a fresh indie studio started by a gaming couple, passionate about creating games that bring people together. Aftnareld was founded by Narin Yousef and Valdemar Tove in 2018, both largely self-taught game developers. Besides working on Coridden, the company’s first title, they have been arranging courses and projects to teach young students programming and game development.